When looking at the more popular kinds of dermal fillers, lip injections are at the top of the list. Lip filler in Boerne will boost the volume of your lips to provide a fuller, sultry look. However, any candidate for lip fillers should be in both good mental and physical health and have realistic expectations about the results.
What Are Lip Fillers?
A lip filler in Boerne is an injection, part of the family of dermal fillers that work to add volume to the lips. Most lip fillers will contain some synthetic hyaluronic acid or HA. This acid is a natural substance found in the human body. You will find many different types of lip filler brands available today, including Perlane, Restylane, and Juvederm filler injection.
Who Usually Gets Lip Fillers?
Whether you just started a search for a dermatologist near me or you have been thinking about lip fillers for quite some time, this is a procedure that is a personal decision. To be considered a good candidate for lip fillers, you must:
- Have realistic expectations
- Be in good overall physical health
- Not have any type of active oral infection like cold sores or canker sores
Many people that visit a medical spa clinic for lip fillers wish to enhance the size of their lips. You could wish to enlarge the sizing of your lips for many reasons, such as:
- Correcting lip shape: It is common for lips to be different shapes or sizes (asymmetrical)
- Restoring lip size: The lips can become thinner or smaller as we age. The groove between the septum and upper lip, known as the philtrum, could get flatter and longer. The distance located between the corners of the mouth could also increase.
- Smooth out wrinkles: It is common to notice wrinkles developing on the side areas of the mouth from laughing or smiling.
- Boost confidence: For some patients, lip fillers are their choice when they wish to improve body image and self-esteem.
Why Use Lip Fillers?
A good lip filler procedure can help add or restore volume in the lips. While they do not halt the aging process, they can delay the need for undergoing a lip lift or other surgical augmentations like lip implants. They are also good for helping patients to achieve their desired look, which can then boost their self-esteem. Several factors will also affect the loss of volume in the lip area, including sun damage, smoking, and genetics.
Do you have questions about lip filler procedures? When performed by a trained technician, these common procedures can give you the results you are looking for. Depending on what you have done and the type of filler chosen, you can expect the results to last 12 to 18 months. Of course, this all depends on age and how your body will break down calories into energy – metabolism.
We are here to address any questions or concerns you have about lip filler in Boerne or the variety of services offered at Innovative Urgent Care & Family Clinic. Call us at (210) 455-6253, walk in at your earliest convenience, or set your first appointment with us by clicking here.Lip Filler Boerne