We know that many people are petrified to visit the dentist because of the pain felt during a past procedure. Even just the whining noise of the dental drill is enough to bring back traumatic memories for some people.
We use lasers extensively in our practice because lasers are ideal for preventative dentistry and are minimally invasive for most procedures. Since there is no noise with lasers, the most anyone experiences during a laser procedure is a rush of cool air from the suction used to clean the area being worked on.
In fact, we use several different kinds of lasers that all are focused on providing you with the following benefits:
- Your Comfort – Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of the pain associated with the use of a traditional drill. Since a laser cuts hard or soft tissue without heat, vibration or pressure, we can generally use less shots of anesthesia. Using a laser also reduces bleeding, post-operative pain, and swelling. It can also relieve the need for pain medication in many cases.
- Accuracy and Precision – A laser can remove decay in tooth enamel (the hardest substance in the human body) while leaving the surrounding tooth unaffected.
- Reduced Trauma – Using conventional dental drills can cause hairline fractures in teeth that can eventually lead to future dental problems. The gentle action of the laser reduces damage to healthy portions of the tooth minimizing trauma.
- Fewer Dental Visits – Since you may not need anesthetic when using a laser, rather than having you come back for multiple visits we may be able to perform procedures for you that may have taken several visits and required a referral to a specialist.
- Less Bleeding and Swelling – Due to the laser’s gentle cutting action and healing capabilities, we can perform many procedures on gums and other soft tissues with little or no bleeding and less post-operative swelling.
- TMJ Relief – If you are experiencing pain in your ear, jaw, tooth or neck pain, muscle and/or tension headaches, you may have TMJ disorder. Your pain may be relieved with Laser Therapy in as little as 2 to 6 treatments.
- Periodontal Uses – Lasers can be used for everyday dental scaling and root planing procedures. This is called Laser Assisted Periodontal Treatment (LAPT).
- Versatility – The laser has been approved use in for over 60 different dental procedures!
What Do We Use Lasers for at Absolute Dental?
While the list of what treatments can be performed using lasers is quite extensive. Lasers can be used for everything from Cosmetic Dental Treatments to General Dentistry Treatments as well as Family Dental procedures. Some of the more common uses of lasers in our practice are for the following procedures:
- Laser Teeth Whitening
- Cavity Treatment
- Scaling and Root Planing (Periodontal Laser Therapy)
- Relieve the pain of Cold Sores and Fever Blisters
- Fix Your Smile by contouring/shaping your gums
- Remove Oral Growths
Benefits of Choosing Laser Dentistry Procedures
Laser dentistry allows us to be faster and more effective at delivering you our dental services. Since we can perform many procedures without using anesthetic, there is generally less trauma experienced and your swelling can be tremendously reduced. At Absolute Dentistry, we are proud to offer our patients lasers dentistry for most treatments.
At Absolute Dentistry, we are always accepting new patients!
Call us at (403) 995-6556 to book your Laser Dental appointment today!