What is Orthodontics and why do you need straighter teeth?
1) Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowded, crooked or spaced improperly. And the benefit of properly cleaned teeth is healthier gums!
2) By being able properly to clean your teeth, you can maintain good oral hygiene! Thus the chances of having plaque retention, tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease can be reduced!
3) Correction of your bite can also help improve chewing and speech.
4) Properly aligned teeth are less stressful on the supporting bone and jaw joints.
5) Having straight teeth can make you feel less self-conscious and more confident!
At Absolute Dentistry, we know that misaligned teeth can often lead to more problems than just embarrassing smiles – they can lead to receding gums, difficulty in maintaining basic dental care and increased risk of cavities (among a variety of other potential troubles). Thus, in cases of malocclusion (which is the scientific word for misaligned teeth), adult or not, straightening your teeth using orthodontic braces may be the right thing to do. And now, with ever increasing dental awareness, adults have a plethora of options before them when it comes to dental braces which could straighten their teeth (and possibly their enhance their career and improve self-confidence!).
View Orthodontic Problems Overview
So what to choose? Ceramic braces? Invisalign? Damon Braces? Traditional metal? Golden metal? Self-ligating brackets? What about Lingual braces? These days, there are many choices available and it gets confusing! Which type of braces should you choose? Can you choose, or is it strictly up to your dentist?
Today, orthodontic treatment is different. Fortunately, metal bands have been replaced with brackets that are bonded with an adhesive right to the front of the teeth. They’re much more comfortable, smaller in size, and much less noticeable!
View Ideal Orthodontic Alignment
The type of braces you need depends on a number of factors:
While the list below is not comprehensive, we recommend that you contact us at (403) 995-6556 if there is a specific cosmetic dental service you need that is not listed.
So you must ask yourself, would you feel embarrassed in metal? Are you only willing to straighten your teeth if Invisalign is used? Do you prefer the look of clear, ceramic or sapphire? Or don’t you care, as long as the outcome is good?
At Absolute Dentistry, we are always accepting new patients!
Call us at (403) 995-6556 to book your Orthodontics appointment today!